Christmas Memories And Favourite Festive Songs

Christmas...Aaaah!

That time of year again. Christmas means a great deal to me. I remember Christmas as a child. It was always magic. Waking my poor mother up at God knows what time. 'Muuuuuuuuuum. Has he beeeeeeeeeeeeen?' I remember one year in particular. I was three. Mum was just coming up to bed, It was around two maybe three in the morning. I wanted to open my presents and mum told me if I did there would be none tomorrow. So I opened my presents, thanked mum and  then thanked santa claus out loud. I then toddled off to bed. The next morning I was upset because there was no presents. Mum just went 'I told you' - but I need not have worried.

We went up to my nan's and there was a whole sofa full of them. I remember that year well as I was on camera. My uncle Tony had brought the video camera over. There was my nan,me,him and my aunty and three of my four cousins in the room. But as I got older it just got less magical and became just like a normal day. 'Merry Christmas. What time are we having dinner? Thanks for my presents' I am looking forward to becoming a mum for the first time because I want my daughter or son to enjoy Christmas and find it just as enchanting as I did. There is nothing like being a kid at Christmas and the day feeling so magical you don't want it to end.

Santas grottos were fun. I went three times in Meadowhall. I also used to love our school Christmas parties. Pass the parcel. Musical chairs. Great stuff. I enjoyed them.
I always get really excited when December 1st rolls round. Because it means I can officially play Christmas music,put my Chrimbo gear up and open my advent calendar. First week December I like going out when it gets to around half 5,put my iPod on and just go for a long walk,looking for Christmas lights. And there are quite a good lot of them up this year where I live. Today is actually the 3rd December, I am off to Barnsley in a few hours for a mini break.  Well because I am going away today I best be heading off but before I go, here is a list of my top favourite Christmas songs. Are your favourites on there? Let me know!

1) Fairytale Of New York
2) Wonderful Christmas Time
3) Winter Wonderland (Darlene Love version)
4) Merry Christmas Everyone - Shaky
5) Walking In The Air (Peter Auty version)
6) Do They Know It's Christmas
7) Merry Xmas Everyone - Slade
8) It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
9) Last Christmas
10) One More Sleep
11) All I Want For Christmas Is You
12) Stop The Cavalry
13) Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
14) Early Christmas Morning
15) Mary's Boy Child
16) When A Child Is Born
17) Here Comes Santa Claus
18) Driving Home For Christmas
19) Jingle Bells (Crazy Frog)
20) Christmas Wrapping
21) Sleigh Ride
22) 2000 Miles
23) Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
24) Mistletoe And Wine
25) Lonely This Christmas

Comments