Finally reached 30 and Another Year Older

It is the 9th July today. It was my birthday yesterday and I became the ripe old age of 30. Yes 30. Now some people have said to me 'But you can't be...You don't look it' Or 'But I thought you were only about 18.' Yeah,thanks. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted. And I STILL get ID'd for things. Recently I even got asked to show ID for a scratchcard...seriously? You have to be 16 or older to buy one of those so are you saying I actually look 16!?

I went away to Yorkshire for a week and came back on the 7th. Everytime I go away to Yorkshire I don't wanna come home again. So did I make the wrong decision moving back to Berks? No. I mean, I like it here and I have dad to think about. But Yorkshire is and always will be my home.

I don't feel any older or any different. But there are things I still haven't done yet that I need to hurry up and do like getting my headshots done professionally,getting an agent and start my acting career again,recording studio session... One of my college friends has just had a baby and he's a beautiful little boy and it made me realise that I really want to be a mum before I turn 35. My mum was 32 and 41 when she had her kids so I still have time yet.

I enjoyed the coach trip up to Yorkshire and back. We went via London. I finally got to go to Golders Green,Marble Arch,Baker Street and a few other places in london even though they were literally flashing visits. I am hoping to take me and my friend around London soon because I really wanna go to Madame Tussauds and Eaton place. I had to wait 2hours and 45 minutes in Victoria for the second coach home (It would have been 2hr30 but the coach was 15 minutes late) and it cost me 30p to use the toilet.

I made the decision to have my hair chopped shorter with the undercut. But it nearly didn't happen due to the hairdressers lack of customer service skills. 'Oh can you wait ten minutes my dinners going to get cold.' I said I couldn't really because I don't live in Rotherham and need to get back because I have to go back home the following day. So she got in to a bit of a huff. And her response? 'Oh well my dinners gonna get cold then' Sorry love but I came for a haircut. Your customers come first not your dinner! So I said if her dinner is more important then I'm off. She did my hair but I wasn't happy.  So when I go back in December I won't be using that place again.

I managed to get nearly everything done what I wanted to do while I was away except for Meadowhall. I was actually glad because I hate Meadowhall (or MurderHell as us Yorkshirians call it) I went to Doncaster and Barnsley as well as Rotherham. Met up with a couple of people. I didn't actually buy anything non food-wise except for a few magazines,hair dye and a new top. Barnsley market do lovely ham rolls for 1.50. And Rotherham has a shop called Goodfillas and I adore their bacon Rolls. Beautiful. Unfortunately for me I did put on 5 pounds. But I can lose it again within a week as that is how long it takes me to lose half a stone. I thought I was gonna have trouble getting to Meadowhall on Sunday because of the lack of buses but luckily I managed to get the X19 which takes half an hour from Barnsley to Doncaster then the x78 which takes an hour and only had to wait 20 minutes and was still at Meadowhall an hour before I had to be there for the coach.

Yesterday was OK. My birthday wasn't as bad as I thought. I went to dinner with Dad and then did some shopping at Asda. My birthday presents to myself was 2 CDs and some clothes. I didn't get anything else from anyone else except one birthday card and a book. I don't know if I will be getting anything else in the post this week,who knows? I am meeting the friend I mentioned on Saturday and I am gonna spend some serious money. I got paid today and I have my savings so gonna spend some of them.

Well I have left my 20s behind and I am about to start a new decade. My 20's brought good things and sadness. Here is what I learned throughout my 20s...

I learned that I passed my college course in 2010. 2 passes and a merit for acting. I failed three auditions and passed two more for other things throughout the next 6 years.

In 2011 I found out I had the mental health disorder BPD. I struggled throughout the years then was told in 2018 I didn't meet the criteria for BPD even though I did, then about 5 weeks ago told I DID and that the pyschiatrist agreed with the BPD diagnosis I had before. Which made me angry with the person who said I didn't. Then put on mood meds which are helping at the moment but what happens when they stop working?

In 2013 I learned that I was about to lose my one remaining parent to cancer. In 2017 I learned I was also about to lose my last remaining grandparent. I am now an orphan. But without my stepdad (Who I call dad) I wouldn't know where I'd be right now.

In 2014 I moved back to Rotherham and I managed to get down to 16st7. Then in 2017 I moved back to Berkshire and found I was about 22stone again. I managed to lose 2 and a half stone with a little help from dieting,walking and then sciatica. I am now at just over 20st having put a stone back on. Grrrr! I also learned in 2014 I would be having gastric surgery but unfortunately Rotherham came up first.

In 2018 I learned that I was being given my first ever paid job. Wow! I have had a few jobs before but they were just work placement type things. And I was my mums carer for three years which was nice to do.

I also found out that my special effects make up looked very convincing :) Hahaha maybe I could make a career out of creating blood,cuts and bruise make up if people think it's real and that I had been in an accident and that it scared them.

Well that's enough for one night I'll leave it there
Take care my blog friends x

Comments