Celebrating a milestone,going to Yorkshire and moving on

 This blog contains discussion of self harm and mental health which some readers may prefer to avoid

I sit here feeling really happy and proud of myself. This really means a lot to me and I cannot believe I am writing this. The 24th April marked one year of me being clean from self harm. I am still clean almost 1 year 4 month later. 

I really didn't think I could manage to get this far. Of course, I have had 'the' thoughts. Thoughts about doing it. Thoughts of actually going through with cutting myself - and even worse - killing myself. I have eupd so having these thoughts every so often will be inevitable. I have dark thoughts even with medication. But I have not wanted to cut myself recently or kill myself.

I started writing this in April. It is now the 13th August. I held off from continuing with this blog for a few months for a couple of reasons, the first being on the 27th May I found out my friend from school had died,two days before my second Dad's birthday and what would have been his and my Mum's 22nd wedding anniversary. And I wanted to write a blog after my break in Sheffield. Well it was fun, I can tell you :) I learnt almost all the words to a song after just hearing it three times. I got bitten a ton of times by jumping spiders and for days I was unable to stop scratching my legs. I lost five pounds in weight and used a tram for the first time in my life. Well, we didn't have trams where I used to live or currently live. And I got stung by stinging nettles. That hasn't happened to me since 1997 when my mum took me with her to the local pub when she had a date. My friend who I stayed with has three cats and they are all lovely. Marley likes to nose rub you, and loves being petted - and kneading your legs,leaving you with lovely little marks. 

So I went home after my break. Then not long after I got a telephone call that went something like this.....

Hello is that Emma? This is blah blah from Berneslai homes. An offer on a property you bidded on is about to come up....

So basically I ended up going back to Yorkshire on the 8th August because I was viewing a flat the following day....AND I ACCEPTED!!! So it's official. I will be moving at the end of the month. For the last few days I have been ringing people,changing addresses and packing. I will be very busy until the 27th August, so when I next blog, it will be from my new home. 

I will miss Berkshire but it is time to move on. Moving on to pastures new and taking new chances and opportunities. 

Au revoir for now x



Comments